What Do We Believe?
- God: God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. (Genesis 1:1,26,27; 3:22; Psalm 90:2; Matthew 28:19; I Peter 1:2; II Corinthians 13:14)
- Jesus Christ: Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a sinless life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all humanity by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven's glory and will return again to earth to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (Matthew 1:22-23; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1-5 & 14:10-30; Hebrews 4:14-15; I Corinthians 15:3-4; Romans 1:3-4; Acts 1:9-11; I Timothy 6:14-15; Titus 2:13)
- The Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son as God. He is present in the world to make us aware of our need for Jesus Christ and to lead us to Him. When we believe in Jesus as our Savior, the Spirit empowers us with spiritual gifts. His ongoing work is to guide, instruct, and empower us for a life of Godly living and service. As Christians, we should strive to live under His control daily. (II Corinthians 3:17; John 16:7-13 & 14:16-17; Acts 1:8; I Corinthians 2:12 & 3:16; Ephesians 1:13; Galatians 5:25; Ephesians 5:18)
- The Bible: The Bible is God's Word to us. It was written by human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the final source of truth for how we believe we should live. Because it is inspired by God, it is truth without error in all that it intends to teach us about Him. (II Timothy 1:13, 3:16; II Peter 1:20-21; Psalm 119: 105,160 & 12:6; Proverbs 30:5)
- Humanity: We believe that people were created in the image of God for a loving relationship with Him. Although we have the potential for tremendous good, we are born with an attitude of disobedience toward God called "sin." This attitude separates us from God as we actively or passively choose to go our own way. However, we can experience true relationship once again through faith in Jesus Christ. (Genesis 1:27; Psalm 8:3-6; Isaiah 53:6a; Romans 3:23; Isaiah 59:1-2)
- Salvation: Salvation is a gift from God to us. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. It is only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God's offer of forgiveness for the bad things we do that we can be saved from sin's penalty. Eternal life begins the moment a person receives Jesus Christ into their heart by faith. (Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 14:6 & 1:12; Titus 3:5; Galatians 3:26; Romans 5:1)
- Eternity: Humanity was created to live forever, and we will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or in heaven with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is Hell. To be eternally with God is Heaven. Heaven and Hell are places of eternal existence. (John 3:16; I John 2:25 & 5:11-13; Romans 6:23; Revelation 20:15)